11 things you can do today to boost your fertility naturally…
Updated: Apr 21
Hey friends! I have gotten many questions lately from couples who want to know how to boost their fertility naturally since many fertility treatments are being canceled and many people are looking for more natural ways to reach their goals of parenthood.
During these scary times, now could be a great opportunity to look at natural fertility like you never have before. What if I could do this naturally, what if natural actually works and I don’t have to go through the hard, long and expensive road of fertility treatments yet. What if this is my chance to finally balance my hormones and get pregnant naturally, if possible?
I am here to tell you, there is a chance. I am proof as are my clients all around the world. I was able to reverse my infertility naturally through a whole food, integrative lifestyle approach and I want to show you how you can try the same.
Here are 11 tips that you can incorporate into your life today to boost your fertility naturally and increase your odds of conception.
1. Proper, whole food nutrition. Eating a balanced diet is key when actively TTC. A balanced diet means eating lean protein (animal or plant), whole grains (brown rice, quinoa or buckwheat), lots of leafy greens and veggies, healthy fats and lots of fiber. Eat based on my magic plate which breaks your plate in 3rds with 1 of each of these categories as well as adding 1-2 tbsp of good healthy fat. Eating this way will give your body and hormones everything it needs to boost health and fertility naturally.
2. Exercise- Make sure you are getting adequate exercise to boost your hormone health and fertility. Pay attention to times of your cycle. Luteal and menstruation is time for gentle and restorative exercise. Follicular and ovulation is time to turn up the intensity and do your cycle classes and HITT workouts. Paying attention to your body's unique needs is key when trying to boost fertility naturally so listen to your body and do what feels good to you.
3. Drink enough water- .67 x your body weight is the minimum amount of water you need per day for adequate hydration. Think of your body as a sponge. Add water slowly to make sure all your cells absorb it properly
4. Manage your stress- I know this is easier said than done but stress is the second leading contributor to hormone imbalance and infertility. Especially in this day and age when so many unknowns are happening. Start a nourishment menu and pick 1-2 things daily to do to manage your stress. This will allow your body to stop making cortisol and adrenaline and switch over to making dopamine, serotonin and all the feel-good hormones your body and mind need for optimal health and fertility.
5. Sleep- Getting enough sleep is just as important as what you eat. During sleep your body is in an optimal state for healing. Sleep is a powerful ally in helping to promote optimal fertility as it helps to lower adrenal overactivity, balance fertility hormones, boost immune system, increase stress resilience and enhances overall health and well-being.
6. Partner connection- Staying connected to your partner when actively TTC will help you both feel more in sync and spark feelings of intimacy which in turn will boost your mood, lower your stress level and create more intimacy in your relationship. This is key to strengthening your bond during these tough times.
7. Environment- Cutting environmental toxins from your environment will not only protect your body from these natural invaders but will keep you as healthy as possible and boost your fertility naturally. Steer clear of toxins such as PFOA’s, pesticides, herbicides, BPA, Trans fat, mercury and lead. Limit your exposure to alcohol, sugar, low-fat and fat-free dairy, excessive caffeine and red meat. Also, be conscience of what goes on and around you and choose all-natural beauty and cleaning products.
8. Supplements- I always start with whole food balanced nutrition first however, most people don’t get all the vitamins and minerals they need through diet alone, so I always recommend these supplements for balanced health and boosted fertility.
- Whole food multivitamin
- Pre and Probiotic for gut health
- Vitamin C for immune health
9. Mood- Beliefs create experience and experience confirms beliefs. The mind-body connection is a powerful ally when boosting fertility. Your thoughts control so many aspects of how you feel. Feeling sad, mad, angry or jealous are common feelings when dealing with fertility. However, learning how to manage these feelings and not letting them control you will help your overall health and vitality improve. Practice self-care, deep breathing, grounding, meditation, walks in nature, and gratitude to boost your bodies feel-good chemicals and improve your mood no matter what stage of the fertility journey you are in. 10. Weight- Weight can have a huge impact on whether a couple can become pregnant or not. Being at an ideal weight is not only good for your fertility but also helps to balance your hormones, sync your cycles, and boost your health in general. The American Society for Reproductive Medicine says, 12% of all infertility cases can be linked to weight problems including being underweight or obese. This includes men and women and can affect you whether you are under or overweight. Current guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the World Health Organization define a normal BMI range as 18.5 to 24.9. Overweight is defined as a BMI of 25.0 to 29.9; obesity is defined as a BMI over 30.0, and severe obesity is defined as BMI 35 or higher. Eating a balanced, whole food diet and drinking adequate amounts of water will be your first line of defense in getting to and maintaining an optimal weight. 11. Ovulation- Tracking your cycle and timing intercourse during and 5 days prior to ovulation will boost your chances of conception, research suggests. Women with regular cycles ovulate about two weeks before the arrival of their periods, it’s harder to predict ovulation in women with irregular cycles, but it usually occurs 12 to 16 days before the start of her next period. A few methods you can use to determine your most fertile days per month are, home ovulation-prediction kits, BBT (basal body temperature tracking), and cervical mucus tracking are all ways to determine this most fertile time and to plan intercourse accordingly. As you can see there are many ways for you to boost your fertility naturally and all of these are right at your fingertips. One of my favorite new resources is the Fertilligence app at www.fertilligence.com. On this platform you can work 1-1 with experienced fertility coaches like me, nutrition specialists, and fitness instructors who will guide you through a tailored, integrative fertility support program targeted to your specific and needs. It has quite an extensive library of research papers, articles from trusted sources, workouts, cooking classes and tools. All this is on your mobile device to move you forward on your fertility journey. If you want more info on how to join this incredible platform, message me for more details and for a special code just for my tribe. - Email me here – firstname.lastname@example.org. Love, health and baby dust, Coach Kela
#fertility #infertility #hormones #hormoneimbalance #nutrition #food #lifestyle #sleep #stress #water #exercise #hydration #partnerconnection #supplements #mood #weight #ovulation #app #fertilligenceapp #fertilligence