Top 5 mistakes people make when trying to lose weight and how to avoid them.
Updated: Dec 31, 2019
Its the beginning of the year and you are starting to make new years resolutions. How you are going to lose weight and keep it off for good this year. How you are going to eat healthier, exercise more, spend less money and stress less. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we have heard it all before. What is going to make this time different, what are you going to do to make sure these new habits last and you see actual results. I work with clients all day long on these exact things and when I ask them what they are doing many of these mistakes come up. If you are doing these 5 things I promise you it is like trying to push a bolder up a hill. It is SO much harder than it has to be. Try to avoid these 5 things and you will hit your goals quicker and the results will last longer.
1. Not drinking enough water- Drinking water is going to lubricate every cell in your body. It is going to flush out glucose quicker (if you don't, it turns to fat), keep you fuller longer and help you to lose weight quicker.
2. Eating the wrong foods for your blood type. Just because something is "healthy" doesn't mean it is healthy for YOU. Certain blood types can't metabolize certain foods. Make sure you know your blood type and eat the right foods for you.
3. Doing the wrong exercise- Some people do better on HITT training, some do better on yoga and relaxation exercises, some do better with just weights. Know what works for you and do it consistently.
4. Not getting enough sleep- During sleep your body heals and repairs itself. Not giving your body enough sleep will cause you to gain weight and feel terrible.
5. Taking the wrong supplements- Certain supplements work best for certain people. Knowing what you need and how much to take will be a game changer.
If you follow these 5 steps, you will reach your goals faster and with ease. If you get confused on any of these give me a call to schedule a free consultation. Let's make this year your healthiest year yet.
Health and happiness,