Why drinking WATER is the most important thing you can do for your health!
Did you know that every system in your body requires water to function. Our bodies are made up of 60% water and without it we would die. You can survive 3 weeks without food but only 2 days without water. Google says, your body uses water in all its cells, organs, and tissues to help regulate its temperature and maintain other bodily functions. Because your body loses water through breathing, sweating, and digestion, it's important to rehydrate by drinking fluids and eating foods that contain water. Drinking water provides more energy than coffee, makes your skin clear and plump, helps your digestion function better so it revs your metabolism, improves immune system so it protects you from illness and disease, it balances your hormones so you can look and feel your best.
You need .67 x your body weight in water minimum a day for proper function.
An easy way to get more water into your diet and eat some really delicious foods is to add these 8 foods to your diet today.
1. Strawberries- These yummy little berries are comprises of 92% water. They are so delicious and versatile. You can eat them by themselves or add them to smoothies or toppings for oatmeal or desserts.
2. Cantaloupe- These delicious melons are 90% water and provide you with beta carotene, vitamin A, and vitamin C. They can be eaten by themselves, wrapped in prosciutto(antipasto) or as a topping on a salad.
3. Celery- At 95% water this yummy veggie is rich in vitamins and minerals with a low glycemic index. You'll enjoy vitamins A, K, and C, plus minerals like potassium and folate when you eat celery. It's also low in sodium. Having a low glycemic rating means it won't mess with your blood sugar.
4. Cucumbers- Hydrate and replenish your skin with fresh cucumbers. In addition to containing 95 percent water, cucumbers are rich in anti-inflammatory compounds that help remove waste from the body and reduce skin irritation. Preliminary research also suggests cucumbers promote anti-wrinkling and anti-aging activity in the skin.
5. Watermelon- No surprise here — “water” is in the name, after all. Watermelon flesh contains 91 percent water. This summer treat also contains abundant lycopene, which can help protect cells from sun damage and improve your complexion.
6. Cauliflower- Surprised? Well, cauliflower is actually 92 percent water by weight. It’s rich in vitamin C, vitamin K and other key essentials. Cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables contain nutrients that may help lower cholesterol and lower cancer risk. Try it mashed or roasted for a yummy substitute to potatoes.
7. Grapefruit- contains only 30 calories and is comprised of 90 percent water. Phytonutrients called limonoids, found in grapefruits, can be detoxifying and may inhibit tumor formation of cancers.
8. Coconut water- is comprised of 95 percent water. It is one of the most popular ways to hydrate the moderate intensity athlete. Coconut water differs from coconut milk because it is found in young coconuts only.
Love and health,
#healthcoach #water #hydration #drink #nutrition #liquid #healthy #drinkmorewater #dehydration #skin #balancednutrition #fertility #infertility #balancehormones #hormoneimbalance #loseweight #moreenergy #energy #passion #women #womenissues